May 5, 2015; Saint Paul, MN, USA; Minnesota Wild goalie Devan Dubnyk (40) clears the puck during the third period against the Chicago Blackhawks in game three of the second round of the 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs at Xcel Energy Center. The Blackhawks defeated the Wild 1-0. Mandatory Credit: Marilyn Indahl-USA TODAY Sports
6. Minnesota Wild
The Wild were one of the hottest teams in the second half of the 2014-15 season thanks to Devan Dubnyk, who was nearly unstoppable in net and carried the Wild to the playoffs. The Wild eventually ran into their hated nemesis, the Blackhawks, and were knocked out by the future champions.
GM Chuck Fletcher re-signed Dubnyk to a six-year deal in hopes that Dubnyk’s unprecedented stretch wasn’t just a blip on the radar.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
The Wild enter the 2015-16 season with a similar roster that is led by Zach Parise and Ryan Suter. The Wild should be competitive once again, but need to find a way to get to the conference final.
Next: Next: No. 5
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
- Blackhawks: List Of Things To Be Thankful For This Thanksgiving
- The perfect holiday gifts for the Chicago Blackhawks fan