May 25, 2015; Anaheim, CA, USA; Anaheim Ducks right wing Corey Perry (10) congratulates left wing Matt Beleskey (right) for scoring the game-winning goal against the Chicago Blackhawks during the overtime period in game five of the Western Conference Final of the 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs at Honda Center. Mandatory Credit: Gary A. Vasquez-USA TODAY Sports
2. Anaheim Ducks
The Ducks lost to the Blackhawks in the Western Conference final and blew a 3-2 series lead, including a Game 7 at home. However, the Ducks remained relatively intact and have a team fully capable of getting to the Cup Final next season.
Ryan Getzlaf, Corey Perry and Ryan Kesler are stars, while the Ducks have some up and coming youth along the blue line, namely Hampus Lindholm, to go with a veteran group including newcomer Kevin Bieksa.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
The Ducks have an experienced group and need goaltender Frederik Andersen to take another step forward in his second full season as the starter. Andersen was a big reason the Ducks fell to the Blackhawks in the closing stretch of the Western Conference finals.
Anaheim has a team poised to get back to the Western Conference finals and could be the favorite to win the conference outright.
Next: Last: No. 1
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
- Blackhawks: List Of Things To Be Thankful For This Thanksgiving
- The perfect holiday gifts for the Chicago Blackhawks fan