Jun 26, 2015; Sunrise, FL, USA; Jack Eichel puts on a team cap after being selected as the number two overall pick to the Buffalo Sabres in the first round of the 2015 NHL Draft at BB&T Center. Mandatory Credit: Steve Mitchell-USA TODAY Sports
25. Buffalo Sabres
The league’s worst team a year ago gets a jolt to the franchise in Jack Eichel, the consolation prize in the Connor McDavid sweepstakes. They also hired a new head coach in former Penguins coach Dan Bylsma.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
It’s been an interesting last few months for the Sabres, who tanked at the end of the regular season only to get the second overall pick in the draft lottery. The rebuild has included bringing in Evander Kane, Ryan O’Reilly and plenty of others.
The question for Buffalo is in net, as Robin Lehner was unimpressive in 25 games between the pipes. The fifth-year pro comes from Ottawa, where he was pushed out by Craig Anderson and Andrew Hammond. Lehner will have to improve upon his 3.02 goals-against average and .905 save percentage in his first season with Buffalo.
The Sabres may not be a playoff contender yet, but the arrow is pointing upward with a slew of new talent arriving.
Next: Next: No. 24
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
- Blackhawks: List Of Things To Be Thankful For This Thanksgiving
- The perfect holiday gifts for the Chicago Blackhawks fan