Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! Jonathan Toews became the first Chicago Blackhawks player or member of the front office to say anything public about the Patrick Kane situation besides the little sound bite Rocky Wirtz said when the allegations dropped last month.
So like the old commercial used to say, When Jonathan Toews Speaks People Listen. I’m sure a no comment would have been the best option, but hearing anyone speak out on the subject especially the Captain and the other name of the Toews/Kane era was something fans and critics alike were waiting to here. His answer basically was a Captain being a Captain by saying we always stand behind our guy.
So for the third straight day of September we had something pretty unexpected happen, on the first day of the month we had the story break that 5 teams were interested in trading for Patrick Kane. On the second day, the most bizarre story broke that Antti Raanta rooted against the Chicago Blackhawks during the playoffs, and on the third day the Chicago Blackhawks broke their silence on the Kane story.
What will today’s unexpected story be, until then here’s some morning links to kick off the start of your Labor Day Weekend.
The Chicago Blackhawks have reportedly not asked Patrick Kane to wave his not trade clause (SI)
A preview of a player that probably is the most important player to wear the Indian Head this upcoming season (The Committed Indian)
Another article on who you think is the Chicago Blackhawks most important player this upcoming season (ESPN Chicago)
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Starting with their defense, possible downfalls for the upcoming Dallas Stars season (Blackout Dallas)
How to sell an NHL Stadium in 6 easy steps, or the high pressured pitch that the Calgary Flames received (Grantland)
The NY Islanders leaked a Black and White Jersey, I say fail what do you say? (Puck Daddy)
Which NHL players are in line for the next big money contract extensions throughout the league (Bleacher Report)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem