The Chicago Blackhawks took on the St. Louis Blues in their second-to-last preseason game. Before the game, the Blackhawks recalled Brandon Mashinter and Ville Pokka from the AHL. The Blackhawks did not bring their top nine scorers from last season to Scottrade Center, meaning a lot of younger players took the ice.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
The first period was very crazy. There were crazy goals scored by both teams. The Blues got the scoring started.
The Blackhawks did not waste time responding.
The Blues would take the lead on a goal from former Blackhawks forward Troy Brouwer. The Blackhawks had issues on special teams tonight, starting with this goal.
The Blackhawks not only had issues with their powerplay but also with the penalty kill. They gave up two short-handed goals in the game. Kevin Shattenkirk scored the third goal for the Blues before the first period ended.
The Blues would add another goal from Kyle Brodziak to go up 5-2. The Blues won the game during regulation by that score.
The pre-scheduled 3-on-3 overtime period yielded no goals from either team. The game ended with the Blues winning 5-2.
Some fans were impressed with Vincent Hinostroza.
One of the Blackhawks to watch, Viktor Tikhonov, did not have an impressive game. He played for 15:24 with two shots and one assist.
The Blackhawks end their preseason slate on Saturday against the Dallas Stars at home.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem