Sep 23, 2015; Detroit, MI, USA; Chicago Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford (50) during the first period against the Detroit Red Wings at Joe Louis Arena. Mandatory Credit: Rick Osentoski-USA TODAY Sports
Tonight isn’t only the first road game of the season for the ’Hawks, but it is also the first of 13 back-to-backs this season, as the ’Hawks and Islanders will be playing in a home-and-home. Both teams will travel to Chicago and face each other again tomorrow night.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
So, who starts in goal tonight? Corey Crawford or Scott Darling? Crow had a so-so game against the Rangers, but much of that can be attributed to some so-so defense in front of him (I’m looking at you, Trevor Daley). There’s really no need to worry about Crawford, though. However, it’s fair to wonder how Darling will handle this new, not-as-great defense in front of him.
Next: Thought No. 2
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
- Blackhawks: List Of Things To Be Thankful For This Thanksgiving
- The perfect holiday gifts for the Chicago Blackhawks fan