Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! The Chicago Blackhawks picked up their first two points of the 2015-2016 season last night in overtime of the grand opening of the Barclays Center. It was good to see Artem Anisimov score his first goal of his Chicago Blackhawks career on a great defensive play on the penalty kill.
The game was a fun one to watch with up and down action which makes it a little disappointing that the Chicago Blackhawks and New York Islanders are playing back to back home and home games on the opening weekend of the season which means we won’t see the Islanders again this season unless they meet up in the Stanley Cup Final. I know it’s difficult to make the NHL schedule with a lot of buildings being dual use buildings like Barclays and United Center, but it’s disappointing that a fun team to watch like the Islanders is off the schedule for the year after Game #3.
The Chicago Blackhawks will be looking for the series sweep and a 2-1 start if they can repeat the victory tonight. Since it was back to back games, I would expect to see Scott Darling in net tonight, but stranger things have happened. Here are some morning links to kick off your weekend.
Chicago Blackhawks prospects made very impressive debuts in their NCAA season previews (Committed Indians)
The Chicago Blackhawks have found consistency in at least one of their lines to open up the season (CSN)
Patrick Kane didn’t find the road crowd as accommodating as the United Center crowd on Wednesday but he did score the game winner in overtime (ESPN Chicag0)
Not everyone that was in Chicago loved the Chicago Blackhawks Stanley Cup Banner Raising Festivities (For The Win)
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
How do the Nashville Predators rank in the media for the 2015-2016 season (Predlines)
Was there really a pivotal moment in the Minnesota Wild in their first game of the season, when Captain America took over the Colorado Avalanche (Hockey Wilderness)
Late in third period the Colorado Avalanche defense was looking at the puck a whole bunch (Mile High Sticking)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem