Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! A new age has hit Chicago since Jonathan Toews was drafted by the Chicago Blackhawks in the spring in 2006. The teams in Chicago are full of youth and do not care what history has to say about them not being able to accomplish things.
Since Jonathan Toews became the Captain of the Chicago Blackhawks the Chicago Blackhawks have ended some seriously long streak. In 2010 they ended the longest Stanley Cup drought in their franchise history by winning the Cup for the first time in 49 seasons.
The Chicago Blackhawks finished off two more very long streaks or dry spells this past season. They won their first Game #7 on the road since 1965 when the Hawks defeated the Anaheim Ducks in Game #7 in the Western Conference Finals to advance to last years Stanley Cup Final.
The Blackhawks then did something that they hadn’t done since 1938 (no video available) when they won the Stanley Cup on home ice for the first time since the Franklin Delano Roosevelt was President, and it was a very cool night!
I know this is a hockey blog, but it almost seems like that team from the north side stole the blue print from the Chicago Blackhawks and was able to smash history in the face yesterday by winning the first ever series at Wrigley Field. What a night on the north side yesterday! Here are some morning links to kick off your Wednesday Game Day!
The Chicago Blackhawks will be in the city of brotherly love tonight to face off against the Flyers (Blackhawks)
Michal Rozsival is expected to begin skating this week, when he could possibly return is still up in the air (Second City)
After a slow start with the organization, Teuvo Teravainen is back to playing his brand of game again (CSN)
Patrick Sharp is renting out his mansion for 10 grand a month (Tribune)
For the first time in 5 years the Chicago Blackhawks are not ranked in the Top 10 Teams in all of sports by ESPN (ESPN Chicag0)
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Not one single player from the Nashville Predators made the Sportsnet Most Important People in Hockey list (Predlines)
Conner McDavid scored his first NHL goal in an Edmonton defeat last night (NHL)
The Montreal Canadiens are off to a hot start, and it continued with a shut out of the Penguins (TSN)
Even the NHL coaches challenge can’t save us from the worst ref ever Tim Peel (Puck Daddy)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem