Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! The Chicago Blackhawks have a slow work week this week with only two games this week, and there isn’t another game until Thursday night. The Chicago Blackhawks only have three four day off break this season, this week, Christmas Break, and the NHL All-Star Break.
So, now it’s time for the team to build some cohesiveness and figure out what the lines are going to be for more than a period or two. It was funny to even hear Marian Hossa‘s comments that he was hoping to have some consistency on the other wing with himself and Jonathan Toews.
The only thing that has been consistent is the second line for the Chicago Blackhawks. Artem Anisimov has two goals, Patrick Kane has 4 goals and 3 assists, and Artemi Panarin leads all rookies with 7 points in the early portion of the season.
So with the long time off Coach Q really needs to buckle down and get his other three lines rolling. Vincent Hinostroza looked pretty good in his Chicago Blackhawks debut so maybe there will be some things to build on during this bonus week of practice. Here are some morning links to kick off your Monday morning.
Brandon Saad’s absence on the left side is still very noticeable two weeks into the season (Sun-times)
The new Chicago Blackhawks 2nd line center is fitting in nicely with his new team (Tribune)
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
There are plenty of trade rumors swirling around about Nashville Predators super prospect Jimmy Vesey (Predlines)
St. Louis Blues are already having to make line changes because of injuries this early into the season (Bleedin Blue)
How much longer will the Columbus Blue Jackets coach still have his job (Puck Daddy)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem