Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! It’s gameday and guess who’s back in town, yep the one and only Tampa Bay Lightning are back in Chicago. The last time we saw the Chicago Blackhawks and the Tampa Bay Lightning on the ice this was happening.
The biggest difference between today and when the Chicago Blackhawks clinched their third Stanley Cup in 6 seasons is that Duncan Keith is on LTIR and so the reigning Conn Smythe Award winner will not be available for this rematch.
The Tampa Bay Lightning are off to a respectable start with a 4-2-1 record which is really good since the majority of their schedule has been Western Conference heavy to kick off the season.
The Chicago Blackhawks will be playing their second game without Duncan Keith , in the first game they handled the loss pretty well against the Florida Panthers, but they will be stepping up in competition tonight against a team that will be looking for some revenge for last summers result.
Tonight should be a fun to see if the Chicago Blackhawks offense can battle and get enough tallies on the board to help out Corey Crawford and the young defense. Here are some morning links to kick off your weekend.
After 7 games into the season, Here is a quick look at some numbers and why they are angry at them (The Committed Indian)
A quick look at the Chicago Blackhawks prospects that are playing in college right now (Committed Indians)
The Chicago Blackhawks know they’ll have to step up without #2 in the lineup (Daily Herald)
Five Teams that have the possibilities of dethroning the Chicago Blackhawks from their Stanley Cup (ESPN)
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Central Division Power rankings are out and the Nashville Predators site takes shots at the Chicago Blackhawks (On The Forecheck)
The St. Louis Blues are home after a 6 game road trip and now they need to get healthy (Bleedin Blue)
The biggest reasons for optimism for every team in the NHL this season (Bleacher Report)
After the Columbus Blue Jackets coach was fired, which coach is now on the hottest seat (Grantland)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem