Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! Sorry, this is a little later than normal, but it was my first day off in a while so slept in just a bit. Anyways, how about the game last night! A Rare 0-0 60 minute tie and then the third quickest overtime game when the score was tied at 0 since the NHL eliminated ties in the 90’s.
The Chicago Blackhawks are now 2-0 without Duncan Keith in the lineup and now have only given up 2 goals with Keith in the lineup which is what I expected when the Hawks announced the Keith injury, that the Hawks would just lock down the defense and not open up the offense.
The team looks solid but the tests are coming, and when I say tests are coming, I mean the Western Conference is coming after a lot of early Eastern Conference games on the schedule. It will be interesting to see if the Blackhawks continue to keep the defense buttoned up or if they open up the offense with the West arriving this week.
Here are some brunch links to kick off your victory Sunday.
What should the Chicago Blackhawks do without Duncan Keith for the next 6 weeks, they are off to a good start without him (Madhouse Enforcer)
The rebuilt Chicago Blackhawks roster has plenty of promise and potential this season (CBS Chicago)
A Stanley Cup Final rematch is entirely possible with history pointing to a possible return of both teams to the Final next June (NHL)
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Ranking the Top NHL Centers this season and where do the Chicago Blackhawks centers rank (Bleacher Report)
The Minnesota Wild turned the other cheek when the beat the Anaheim Ducks this past week (Twin Cities)
The Boston Bruins revealed their Winter Classic Jerseys this past week (Causeway Crowd)
Philadelphia Flyers Michael Raffl is fine after a really big scare on the bench last night (NHL)
It took a third period comeback against the Colorado Avalanche for the Columbus Blue Jackets to pick up their first victory (Puck Daddy)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem