Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! When fans were picking out games they were planning on attending this past summer when the schedule was released, I’m sure plenty of people circled this home game as one they wanted to attend tonight to see the next NHL sensation Connor McDavid.
The hockey gods were not kind to people that picked tonight’s game because this past week as you all know if you picked up any hockey news publication or read any online or checked Twitter, is the fact the McDavid is out for “months” with a broken clavicle. We all know from this past spring that the return from this injury can be quicker than the original timetable with Patrick Kane returning weeks ahead of schedule, but it won’t make him appear tonight in Chicago.
The other thing that stinks about having tickets for tonight’s game is the possibility of missing not one but maybe two future Hall of Famers that wear the Chicago Blackhawks uniform. You will most certainly miss Duncan Keith who will be out until December at the earliest because of his knee surgery, but Marian Hossa hasn’t been in the lineup for a week now with an undisclosed injury. One thing that won’t be missing is some morning links to kick off your Gameday Sunday.
What was your favorite play of the week from the Chicago Blackhawks? Here is this weeks winner (Blackhawks)
The approach that Marko Dano has taken will work out for him in the long run with the organization (CSN)
The Rockford Ice Hogs revealed their ugly Christmas sweater jerseys they will be wearing this year (Madhouse Enforcer)
Patrick Kane is happy mostly for his friends and family at this time for sticking by his side while the charges were dismissed (New Jersey.com)
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
This year’s crop of Hall of Famers told stories and shared memories at this years Fan Forum (NHL)
Jake Allen Stopped everything last night as the St. Louis Blues shutout the Nashville Predators (On The Forecheck)
What are the biggest disappointments on every NHL team through the first month of the season (Bleacher Report)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
The Dallas Stars are trying to squeeze every last bit out of their starting goalies this season (Blackout Dallas)
Ryan Miller’s return to Buffalo were spoiled by some last second heroics (Puck Daddy)