Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! The Chicago Blackhawks made a surprising roster move yesterday when they called up Brandon Mashinter from Rockford. Mashinter was named the Rockford Ice Hogs Captain earlier this year and is off to a pretty good start with the Chicago Blackhawks AHL affiliation, but I don’t think anyone expected to see Mashinter in Chicago anytime soon.
Ryan Garbutt has been fighting a virus and hasn’t seen the ice in 4 to 5 days, so the Hawks called up another forward for Thursday nights game against the New Jersey Devils. The Blackhawks will have a lot of decisions to make when Duncan Keith and Michal Rozsival make it back to the roster, so it’s interesting how Stan Bowman plays the salary cap number day in and day out this season.
The Blackhawks will be looking for some revenge tonight when the Devils visit the United Center. This past Friday, the Devils easily beat the Blackhawks in New Jersey so that loss should be easy for the Hawks to remember and hopefully motivate them to pick up a win on home ice and pick up 2 points.
Here are some morning links to kick off your Gameday!
Thursday night is a night to even the score for the Chicago Blackhawks (Daily Herald)
Everybody hates the shootout to end a hockey game, but some hockey fans also believe that 3 on 3 is a Joke (The Committed Indian)
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
A quick ranking of the early favorites to win the NHL Hart Trophy for League MVP (Bleacher Report)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
Why the NHL won’t suspend it’s diving offenders (Puck Daddy)