So are you ready for some hockey? Sorry, wrong night and wrong sport, but as Chicago Blackhawks fans I think we are all ready to see the Chicago Blackhawks back on the ice tonight. Probably, we are all anxious to see what Joel Quenneville and the Chicago Blackhawks have in store for us tonight after a real downer of a game last Tuesday night when the Blackhawks couldn’t match the scoring of Patrick Sharp and the Dallas Stars.
The Chicago Blackhawks now after their Christmas break will be looking to get back to their winning ways. The biggest flaw in this season for the Hawks so far this season has to be the secondary scoring. The Chicago Blackhawks have received a great first half of the season from Patrick Kane, Artemi Panarin, and Artem Anisimov, but if the second line isn’t scoring it’s tough sledding on the offensive end of the ice on most nights.
If you are looking for more proof let’s take a quick look at a stat that will just show you how flawed the Hawks scoring is this season. The Chicago Blackhawks are 0-4 when Patrick Kane has been held off the scoresheet, and to make matter worse in those four games they Hawks have scored a grand total of 1 goal in those four games.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
If you are really going to knit pick the Hawks defense can be a frustrating unit as well. The player I will be keeping my out the most is Trevor van Riemsdyk. I really feel like he’s regressed this season, but he’s also stayed healthy which is a plus.
The game tonight marks the return of Kris Versteeg, but the one thing to watch for is Justin Faulk who has been killing it on the powerplay with goal after goal when the Hurricanes have the man advantage.
Here is the viewing information for tonight’s matchup
Radio Listings- WGN
Radio Live Streaming- WGN Radio App
Now it’s time for some predictions.
Final Game Predictions– The Chicago Blackhawks with the home ice after the Christmas break advantage will easily take the game tonight by winning 5-1. Patrick Kane gets back on the scoresheet with a goal and an assist, and Teuvo Teravainen picks up a goal in the Blackhawks victory.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
Three Stars Prediction
#1 Star- Patrick Kane
#2 Star- Corey Crawford
#3 Star- Duncan Keith
What are your predictions for tonight’s game?