Happy News Year’s Eve and we are getting set for some Chicago Blackhawks hockey! The last time we watched the Blackhawks play they were putting up 7 goals against the Arizona Coyotes in the desert. This was after the Chicago Blackhawks had struggled to score goals against the Dallas Stars and Carolina Hurricanes. The biggest thing to be happy about was the scoring production the Hawks got from the bottom two lines especially from Andrew Desjardins.
The Chicago Blackhawks have already faced the Colorado Avalanche and it wasn’t pretty with the biggest news out of the game being the fact that Patrick Kane‘s streak ended. The Avalanche have been good at ending Blackhawks streaks in the past, but tonight there is no streak on the line. The biggest issue the Hawks have had with the Avs has been not being able to get pucks past Semyon Varlamov. Granted the real problem is that the Avs are pretty good at beating the Hawks at their own game which is speed and puck possession which they dominated in the first outing at the United Center.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
The Avalanche are a surging franchise going 7-2-1 in the past 10 games, and they have gone from down and out to knocking on the door of the wild card playoff spot. They have everything you want from a hockey team, and now they are putting things together as of late and are starting to look like the team that won the Central Division in 2014. One other note to watch for with the Avalanche is will Jarome Iginla be able to get career goal #600. The grizzled old veteran has been sitting at 599 for a while now, but hitting 600 could wait for another night in my eyes. Here are the listings for tonight’s game before the ball drops at midnight.
Radio– WGN Radio
Radio Live Streaming– WGN Radio App
Now to my favorite part of the post which is the predictions. The only thing I got correct in the Coyotes game was that the Chicago Blackhawks won Patrick Kane scored and Duncan Keith was the #3 star of the game. So not to bad or great so we are on to tonight’s game.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
Three Star Predictions
#1 Star- Jarome Iginla for scoring Goal #600
#2 Star- Patrick Kane– 3 assists
#3 Star- Matt Duchene– 1 goal
What’s your predictions for tonight’s game?