6. Artemi Panarin Will Win Calder Trophy
Dylan Larkin this. Dylan Larkin that. Blah blah blah. He plays for Detroit, so we all need to stop admitting that this kid is actually good (out loud). Regardless, Panarin still leads all rookies in points which is all those who choose the winner care about, right?
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Chicago Blackhawks Winning- Temper Those Expectations
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Chicago Blackhawks: A Lukas Reichel Promotion is the Long Term Goal
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
The only (forward) winner to not (outright) lead all rookies in points since forever is a captain who has wondering elbows, no morals and is honestly not that good. We’re looking at you, James Neal. Wait. No. Gabriel Landeskog. Sorry for the confusion. Boy, that must’ve been a down year …
As a defenseman, the chance of you winning the Calder without taking your team’s hardest assignments are small unless you can score. Based on the seasons that Panarin and Larkin have had, the only defenseman who stood a chance is Philadelphia’s Shayne Gostisbehere, but he has slowed down severely since taking the NHL by storm in early October.
Next: Prediction #5