Honorable Mention: New York Islanders, 20/1
Record: 22-15-5, 49 points
The other New York team, that plays in an arena with a car right outside of the glass, currently holds third place in its division, and is a team that can certainly make some noise in the playoffs, but would likely lose to the Rangers or the Capitals.
More from Editorials
- Blackhawks: Changes to the coaching staff are a step in the right direction
- Chicago Blackhawks: Reasons for optimism and cause for concern
- Blackhawks: Kick off four game road trip against Kraken
- Recapping the Jeremy Colliton era with the Chicago Blackhawks
- Chicago Blackhawks have a lingering goalie problem
This is a team that is above average on offense and on the blue line as well. On offense, they can go three lines deep with scoring. Kyle Okposo has the most points on the team with 31, and John Tavares is right behind him with 29 points. Their back end is really nothing special offensively, with former ‘Hawk Nick Leddy at the helm with 14 assists on the year. His partner Calvin de Haan does not get many assists or goals, but plays a style of pure defense in which he does not let pucks to the net.
All in all this is a pretty good hockey team this season, but just unfortunate with the division they are in. They will not really go anywhere this season due to the fact that they would have to get through the Rangers and the Capitals.
Next: Honorable Mention: Anaheim Ducks