Special Teams: B+
The best part of the Blackhawks’ special teams has been their powerplay. It converts 21.5 percent of the time, which ranks fourth in the league. Patrick Kane is the top performer on the powerplay with 25 points on 14 goals, and Brent Seabrook is the man advantage’s second leading scorer with 14 points. Remember when the ‘Hawks’ powerplay was laughingly bad two years ago? Well those times are gone as they are high flying and making teams pay for making stupid mistakes on the ice.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
The penalty kill for the ‘Hawks ranks ninth in the league, killing off penalties 82.6 percent of the time. The best way to look at the top penalty killers on the team is through their time on ice during a penalty kill. In that respect, Niklas Hjalmarsson, Duncan Keith and Andrew Desjardins lead the team. Marian Hossa has the most shorthanded shots with 11, which makes sense with how Hossa plays.
Next: Next Grade: Front Office