Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! Back in the 80’s and 90’s a show called Star Search was a big hit and it even discovered kids that would end up being superstars like Brittany Spears.
Well on to tonight’s Star Search the Chicago Blackhawks will be in Dallas looking for their first victory over the Dallas Stars this season. In their first meeting it was all Stars, but the month of January wasn’t too kind to the Stars while it was fantastic for the Chicago Blackhawks.
The Hawks are 15-3 in their last 18 games including going 2-0 in their two games after the All-Star break, but so have the Dallas Stars and now tonight’s matchup has basically first place on the line with the Stars having 3 games at hand. The Hawks rode their hot January to the top of the Central Division and now they have a huge gap between them and 8th place Nashville (17 points) so now the question is home ice advantage in the playoffs.
The Hawks have been almost unbeatable on home ice so that home ice advantage would be huge, but that begins tonight on the road in Dallas tonight with a dish of revenge also possible in Dallas, so here are some morning links to kick off your weekend.
A look around the CWHL and NWHL and who’s playing good and what’s new (The Committed Indian)
Why Panarin’s great season could cost the Chicago Blackhawks a lot of money in bonus payouts at the end of the year (Second City)
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Chicago Blackhawks legend Clifford Koroll recognized in Congressional record (Ukraine)
Predicting the NHL Trade Deadline Buyers and Sellers this season (Bleacher Report)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
3 Defenseman that the Colorado Avalanche should be taking a look at before the 2016 NHL Trade Deadline (Mile High Sticking)
The returning injured players Washington Capitals players may be their trade deadline acquisitions (Stars and Sticks)