The cream of the crop in the Central Division play once again tonight when the Chicago Blackhawks head to Big D to faceoff against the Dallas Stars in a battle for the top spot in the Central Division.
The last time we watched these two teams play on Dallas home ice it wasn’t a pretty thing. The Stars dominated the game 4-0 and basically beat the Chicago Blackhawks at their own game. That was then this is now which means that the Dallas Stars have struggled winning games since then while the Chicago Blackhawks have been on fire if you throw out the last few games before the All-Star break.
Even though the Chicago Blackhawks have been winning a lot there are a couple things that have to be worrisome especially when playing a team like the Stars and that’s the secondary scoring. Phillip Danault has looked more and more comfortable, but these third and fourth line guys have to start getting pucks in the net especially against deep teams like the Stars.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
One good thing is that Jonathan Toews came back from his one game suspension and played a great game including the overtime winner, and Marian Hossa looked like a young player again when he made his power move for the opening goal of the night. The top line playing well with the usual 2nd line excellence can take the team a long way, but Teuvo Teravainen and Dennis Rasmussen are the players that are the difference between Stanley Cups and Conference Finals.
The Dallas Stars struggled mightily in January, but in they have won two straight including a comeback victory Thursday night against the Colorado Avalanche a team they hadn’t beaten in 2 seasons. Expect the Stars to be flying tonight with the Hawks being the biggest prize of the season. Here is the listings for tonight’s game from Dallas.
TV Listings– WGN, NHL Network
Radio Listings- WGN Radio
Live Streaming– NHL.TV
Radio Live Streaming– WGN Radio APP
Due to a heavy workload I have failed to do any predictions for the first two games after the All-Star Break, but we are back at it tonight so here goes!
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
Three Stars Predictions
#1 Star- Tyler Seguin
#2 Star- Patrick Sharp
#3 Star- Patrick Kane