The Chicago Blackhawks are finally back at the United Center tonight to faceoff against the San Jose Sharks after not playing on home ice in over two weeks. The Chicago Blackhawks are back to their winning ways after a mini-slide before the All-Star break.
The rest at the break came at the right time and the extra game rest for Jonathan Toews has really paid off with the Captain back to his goal scoring ways after a pretty slow start to the season. The combo of Toews and Marian Hossa is finally clicking with both superstars getting or closing in on some milestones. Toews picked up 300th assist becoming only the 15th Blackhawk to ever pick up 300 helpers while Hossa is 4 goals away from scoring his 500th goal.
The real story is the Chicago Blackhawks are winning on a consistent basis night in and night out, and with the message that the Hawks sent out Saturday night in Dallas is that the Western Conference still goes through Chicago. The Hawks will again be looking to find some secondary scoring from the bottom two lines, but this sure is a season where the top 6 has carried the load most of the season and looks like there is no way it’s going to slow down.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
The Sharks are a strange team being so terrible on home ice with a record of 10-12-2 yet away from the Shark tank they are 17-8-2 on the road so this will not be a given especially after their last road game was a 6-2 lopsided loss to the Nashville Predators. The one player that needs to have a good game for the Sharks is Brett Burns. The Sharks defensman is have a sensational season and a player that can tilt the ice from the backend.
Here is the listing for tonight’s contest
Radio Listings– WGN Radio
Radio Live Streaming– WGN Radio App
On to the predictions and I only got the Patrick Kane scoring against the Stars and that the Hawks would score 5 goals so not a real strong effort but good enough I suppose.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
Three Stars Prediction
#1 Star- Corey Crawford
#2 Star- Brent Seabrook
#3 Star- Jonathan Toews
What is your prediction for tonight’s game?