Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! There’s two things that seem to happen this time of year for the Chicago Blackhawks, 1. The Chicago Blackhawks go into a funk and struggle to win games even though they have a bunch of games at home, and 2. the Chicago Blackhawks seem to lose one of their better players to injury for an extended period of time.
Marian Hossa was injured in the game against the Anaheim Ducks on Saturday night, and although Joel Quenneville said that Hossa won’t be out for “weeks” he was still out long enough to be placed on IR. The Chicago Blackhawks recalled Vincent Hinostroza from Rockford to replace the Chicago Blackhawks star while he’s out with a lower body injury.
One thing about the call up means that Marko Dano is not as close to being ready which is what we all pretty much believed when the Brandon Saad trade happened. Hinostroza looked pretty good in his brief look in Chicago earlier in the season and he’s done pretty good in Rockford as well.
It will be interesting to see how Quenneville shuffles his lineup come tonight. In the meantime here are some morning links to kick off your work week.
The question for the Chicago Blackhawks will be who steps up in Marian Hossa’s absence. (CSN)
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Which NHL Prospects are most likely to be traded at the NHL trade deadline that is approaching very quickly (Bleacher Report)
After a long winning streak saved his job last year, a long losing streak ended up being the downfall that led to Mike Yeo’s firing (Fox)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
Pavel Datsyuk picked up his 900th career point during a wild game against the Boston Bruins (Pro Hockey Talk)
Erik Johnson has picked up a new role for the Colorado Avalanche in their push for the playoffs (Mile High Sticking)
LET’S GO HAWKS!!