Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! The Chicago Blackhawks finally got a break in the schedule Monday night when they got to beat the Toronto Maple Leafs 7-2. Now the Chicago Blackhawks make a quick road trip to the Big Apple to face off against the New York Rangers tonight at Madison Square Garden.
The Chicago Blackhawks will be looking to put together a winning streak after going 1-2-1 on home ice during a February homestand which like last year didn’t give the Hawks the type of momentum many thought it would after a 3 game winning streak on the road.
The Hawks do get three days off after their contest on Wednesday night before they play Sunday outdoors against the Minnesota Wild, but tonight it’s all about the Rangers. The New York Rangers are sitting comfortably in 2nd place in the Metropolitan Division and has a very solid 21-5-3 record on home ice so things won’t be easy for the Chicago Blackhawks tonight.
One of the oddest stats is that the Hawks actually score goals when Marian Hossa isn’t on the ice.
But I’d actually rather have Hossa on the ice than out for the next two weeks. Get well soon Hossa, and here are some morning links to kick off your Gameday!
Hear what Chicago Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman has to say about the Hossa injury and what he thinks of prospects like Tyler Motte (Blackhawks)
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
In the past week the Rockford Ice Hogs spread out the scoring and here’s a recap of the past week (The Committed Indian)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
Which NHL free agents that are set to make a big payday this summer (Bleacher Report)
Looking for 5 takeaways from the Nashville Predators overtime loss to the Dallas Stars (Tennessean)
The prospect pool for the Colorado Avalanche should make their fans very worried about the future (Mile High Sticking)
As the NHL trade deadline approaches which players will be hitting the trade market (TSN)