Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! The Chicago Blackhawks are off to the Land of 10,000 lakes to play an outdoor game on none of those lakes, but instead they will play outdoors on the football field at the University of Minnesota.
If you want to here me complain about all of the outdoor games you can here me complain about only one thing and that’s some of the venues they use in the Stadium Series and Winter Classic. Playing games in legendary stadiums like Fenway Park and Wrigley Field make for great storylines besides the outdoor game, but when the Hawks are playing at Nationals Park or the University Of Minnesota Football Field with no history, the coolness and novelty of the outdoor game.
The Hawks will be looking to improve their outdoor game record to 2-2 with what appears to be another outdoor game on the horizon with the much rumored 2017 Winter Classic Game between the Blackhawks and St. Louis Blues from Busch Stadium. The Hawks are much see TV if you don’t think so just look at the game Wednesday Night when the Hawks led going to the third, trailed early in the third, and then steamrolled to a 5-3 victory.
We still have one more day to wait for the Stadium Series Game so while we wait here are some morning links to kick off your weekend.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Looking ahead to what Stan Bowman will do at the trade deadline and how long the Chicago Blackhawks Championship window could possibly last (The Committed Indian)
The Predators are making a final push to grab a playoff spot so momentum is the key (On The Forecheck)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
The St. Louis Blues look to be handcuffed at the trade deadline (Bleedin Blue)
Which teams around the NHL are the pretenders or the contenders (Sporting News)