Chicago Blackhawks General Manager isn’t done dealing, and he made yet another trade tonight sending Phillip Danault and a 2nd round pick to the Montreal Canadiens for Dale Weise and Tomas Fleischmann.
Fleischmann is a left wing which is a position that the Chicago Blackhawks have struggled filling this season with all of the trades and departures this offseason due to the salary cap. The Hawks now have picked up two left wings in a matter of 24 hours.
The biggest thing about the trades today is the amount of salary that has been retained in each which if you’re not an economics major can get a bit confusing, but that’s what Stan Bowman gets paid the big bucks for from the organization.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
The Chicago Blackhawks roster will really look different come Sunday afternoon when the Washington Capitals visit the United Center on Sunday afternoon. The one thing that has always been constant since 2007 is that the core will always be in tact with Jonathan Toews, Patrick Kane, Duncan Keith, and Brent Seabrook always on the ice.
The Hawks are losing some of the their future in all of these deals, and the fact that Phillip Danault is part of the trade is kind of hard to swallow. Danault showed to be a valuable piece during this season since Marcus Kruger was injured. Danault has shows a lot of speed and forechecking ability, even though it really hadn’t transferred to the scoresheet so far this season.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
- Blackhawks: List Of Things To Be Thankful For This Thanksgiving
The Hawks also lost Marko Dano who had a very high ceiling even though it appeared that Joel Quenneville didn’t care for his game from the beginning.
Tonight though we have Weise, Fleischmann and Ladd on the roster so how will the lines look come Sunday or next Wednesday, but one thing that is for sure is that it appears that Stan Bowman realizes that this is the Chicago Blackhawks Golden Era and the window for Stanley Cups is only open for so long so you have to go for it while that window is open.
What do you think of the moves today?