Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! The Chicago Blackhawks General Manager Stan Bowman on back to back days pulled off a couple of trades. The first one was announced on Thursday night, and it was a huge one with the Chicago Blackhawks acquiring Andrew Ladd. We can go on and on about the excitement for Hawks fans that Jonathan Toews and Marian Hossa finally have a left wing to play with them down the stretch run.
On Friday, Stan became more of a mad scientist dealing Rob Scuderi to the LA Kings for Christian Ehrhoff. This was a total Salary cap move with the hopes that Ehrhoff could possibly fill in one of the defensive spots on the roster while being a cheaper option than the other defenseman that were on the trade market.
The Chicago Blackhawks are now All-in (not that they weren’t before the moves this week) for this years Stanley Cup shooting for back to back Cups and 4 Cups in 7 seasons. The Hawks have a talented core which has the heart of a champion, but it’s their GM that year in and year out puts them in position to win Stanley Cups so in the end Trader Stan could be this years MVP. Here are some morning links to kick off your weekend.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
- Blackhawks: List Of Things To Be Thankful For This Thanksgiving
Here’s one reason why the Chicago Blackhawks are so good year in and year out (Hockey Writers)
What were the Chicago Blackhawks players and coaches reaction to the Andrew Ladd trade (Sun-Times)
The excitement is building for the Stadium Series matchup heading into Saturday nights game in Colorado (Mile High Sticking)
With all of the injuries to the St. Louis Blues, Should the team risk a big trade at the deadline (Bleedin Blue)