The Chicago Blackhawks faced what used to be their most hated rival and blew them out on their home rink last night, and now they head to another Eastern Conference playoff team in the Boston Bruins on back to back nights.
The Chicago Blackhawks looked fantastic last night scoring 5 goals in different ways from 3 on 2’s to beautiful passing to gritty playoff style goals, and after last night Blackhawks fans have to be excited about what happens after the last 17 games of the regular season. One thing for sure is that with more balance in the lineup now with the recent additions at the trade deadline, the second line looks like they are lethal once again.
Another piece of the Blackhawks puzzle is scheduled to be on the ice tonight when Dale Weise puts on the Chicago Blackhawks jersey for the first time. The move to pick up Weise and Tomas Fleischmann at the trade deadline was to set the Hawks up with 4 lines so it’s exciting to see what Weise can do with Teuvo Teravainen on the third line. Teuvo since not getting moved at the trade deadline has looked more comfortable and has been picking up points on a nightly basis including last night’s assist on Brent Seabrooks goal.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Of course as much as I love watching the passing ofPatrick Kane
and them being the Harlem Globetrotters on ice, the goal that was a real statement last night was theAndrew Ladd
rebound goal. That goal was a a playoff goal and the toughness around the net gets me more excited then anything else we witnessed last night in Detroit.
Tonight’s opponent is the Boston Bruins and so get ready for some 17 seconds flashbacks…..
The Bruins are fighting for a playoff spot so this should be a hard fought battle in Boston tonight, so here are the listings for tonight’s game.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
Game Time– 6pm
TV Listings- CSN-Chicag0
Radio Listings– WGN Radio
Radio Live Streaming– WGN Radio App
On to the predictions, and I’m getting real close to really nailing one of these. I had Panarin and Kane scoring and Brent Seabrook as one of the stars of the game but none were totally correct so let’s get back to work.
Final Score Prediction– It feels like the Chicago Blackhawks are about to go on a roll so I’m taking the Hawks 5-3 over the Bruins with Patrick Kane hitting the 90 point plateau and Dale Weise picking up a goal.
Three Stars Prediction
#1 Star- Duncan Keith
#2 Star- Patrick Kane
#3 Star- Patrice Bergeron
What are your predictions?