No. 1: Dallas Stars
I was going back and forth between the Stars and the Kings for this No. 1 spot. The biggest factor that made the Stars the biggest fear for the ‘Hawks was how the ‘Hawks have played against the Stars this season. The Blackhawks are 1-3-0 in the season series, and in the losses the ‘Hawks have not looked like themselves. They have been getting dominated and worked by, in my opinion, a better team. In their losses, they have been outscored 13-4. The losses have been the worst games that the ‘Hawks have played this year. For example, in their last meeting, the ‘Hawks missed out on five powerplay opportunities.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
All year, hockey fans have been hearing about how good this Stars team is, and they are not wrong. This team is unreal and the ‘Hawks and the Stars are on a collision course to meet in the first or second round of the playoffs. In the games against the ‘Hawks, the best line in hockey — the Stars’ top line — has worked Chicago and lived up to their hype. They will be the X-factor in this series, and will surely make a huge impact as it will be nearly impossible to keep Jamie Benn, Tyler Seguin and Patrick Sharp off the scoreboard.