Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! The Chicago Blackhawks looked like a true favorite to get back to the Stanley Cup Finals and become the first back to back Champion since the late 90’s, but the past couple weeks has been a reality check for the Chicago Blackhawks with them barely finding a win.
The Blackhawks flame is dull right now especially within their fan base who is starting to believe that this won’t be the year, and that the Hawks will not be able to get out of the funk that they have been the past few weeks.
One player that could help in more ways than one and is returning to the lineup tonight against the Calgary Flames is Marcus Kruger. Kruger does a lot of little things well, but the two ways he’ll be able to help the Hawks is in faceoffs and on the penalty kill. Faceoff percentage has been brutal outside of Jonathan Toews while the penalty kill has been even worse so the return of one of it’s biggest members could be the thing that gets the specials team unit over the edge.
The Chicago Blackhawks now have a chance with 8 games left in the season to go on the road and work things out before the real fun starts in a couple of weeks when the Stanley Cup playoffs begin. Here are some morning links to kick off your weekend.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
See and hear what Chicago Blackhawks Senior Vice President and General Manager Stan Bowman had to say about the Hawks NCAA prospects and salary retention (Blackhawks)
The Blackhawks look to dig deep as they head out west on their last road trip of the season (CSN)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
What are the most untouchable players on every NHL teams current roster (Bleacher Report)
So what is behind the current Nashville Predators turnaround (Predlines)