Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! The Chicago Blackhawks had yesterday off after their 4-1 loss to the Minnesota Wild on Tuesday night, yet all Chicago Blackhawks fans are stuck right in the middle of a waiting game. The waiting game as we all know is for the NHL’s Department of Player Safety to decide how long Duncan Keith‘s penalty will be for his slash to the face of Charlie Coyle.
One thing is painfully obvious and that’s Keith will be missing games after the Department of Player Safety offered Keith a in person hearing. Not sure when the decision will come down, but one has to guess that we will not see Keith for the rest of the regular season which isn’t great news in a season which the Chicago Blackhawks defense has been poor at best.
The one thing we do know is that for some reason when short-handed without Keith the defense usually steps up, including the fact that the Chicago Blackhawks have won every game that Duncan Keith or Brent Seabrook have missed during the playoffs for suspensions.
The Chicago Blackhawks next stop is Winnipeg on their current four game road trip, and one would hope that they could at least quickly figure out the Jets and have an easy win and maybe figure something out. One thing that doesn’t need figured out is this mornings links to kick off your Thursday morning.
The Strange case of Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Dr Keith or Mr. Duncan (National Post)
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
What a way to run a railroad looks at both the Chicago Blackhawks and the NHL concussion emails (The Committed Indian)
Keith’s indefensible actions only leads to more questions as the Chicago Blackhawks head towards the playoffs (Tribune)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
Which rookies around the NHL will be making the most noise during this years NHL Playoffs (Bleacher Report)
Here is a quick look around the NHL’s Department of Player Safety (Yahoo)
In case you missed it, the Washington Capitals are your President’s Trophy Winners this year (Stars and Sticks)
James Vesey’s camp says that the Nashville Predators story of events isn’t close to being true (Pro Hockey Talk)