1. TVR and the Game Belt. Remember Game 1? The Hawks and the Blues fought it out for three periods without a goal. The contest went to overtime, and the game winning goal was a David Backes throw on net that went off Trevor van Riemsdyk’s skate and snuck in past Corey Crawford. I made a joke in my last post that TVR must hate his skates. But I also had a fleeting thought that it would be pretty cool if TVR got the game belt. After all, he played a great game, and it wasn’t his fault the goal went in. He was in the right place. It was just a fluke play.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
Well guess what? After Game 2, I saw video of Duncan Keith getting the belt from the last recipient, which was none other than TVR himself. So his teammates did reward him, even after he supposedly let in the game winning goal. That’s what makes this team champions. They are all in this together, and hopefully that kind of character is what will lead them to victory.
Yes, it’s depressing that the Chicago Blackhawks are losing the series by two game to one. It’s disappointing that they couldn’t win their first playoff game on home ice. But it’s not over yet. This is a best of seven series. This is playoff hockey, and the Hawks have proven that they are pretty good at playoff hockey. So everybody relax and enjoy your Monday. Get a nap in on Tuesday afternoon, and then settle in for another lovely 8:30 start Tuesday night. It should be a good one!