Chicago Blackhawks Game #6 Is Do Or Die Game #2
The Chicago Blackhawks always play great when it’s a do or die and there’s no wiggle room for another loss. The question is whether or not they have enough in them to get it to a Game #7 which is always a crapshoot. One thing is for sure when you look back at Joel Quenneville‘s record as a Chicago Blackhawks head coach, he’s only lost on Game #6 in his career behind the bench with some of his greatest victories taking place in Game #6’s.
The Chicago Blackhawks were able to get to a Game #6 after losing their lead in the third period but recovering in double overtime behind the heroics ofPatrick Kane
The Chicago Blackhawks do get Andrew Shaw back from a one game suspension which means there probably will be more shenanigans then in Game #5 when the Blues got behind and were forced to buckle down and try to catch up instead of their normal meatball play after every whistle. The Chicago Blackhawks will be trying to force a Game #7 after being down 3-1 for the 3rd time in four playoff seasons and 4th time since 2011. The Hawks of course are great at getting series tied but they have only completed the task once against the Detroit Red Wings in 2013.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
The Chicago Blackhawks do need to get some scoring from the Captain Jonathon Toews. The Captain looks like he’s ready to start scoring and 2 or 3 great chances against Brian Elliott, but the Blues goalie has been up to the task each time #19 has had a shot and picking up a goal in the series. Really, Elliott has been the story this series, and he’s trying to turn a Mike Smith in 2012 when the Phoenix Coyotes goalie stood on his head and knocked the Chicago Blackhawks out of the first round.
Tonight’s game is on NBC which means we won’t have any Pat Foley ranting about the NHL start time for the playoff games. Foley was right and then the NHL and NBC had to attack him so tonight will be very quiet on the NBC telecast.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
Here Are Tonights Chicago Blackhawks Viewing Listing For Game #6
Game Time– 7pm
TV Listings– NBC
Radio Listings– WGN Radio
TV Live Streaming- NBC Live Extra
Radio Live Streaming- WGN Radio App
How will you be taking in Game #6 tonight?