Good Morning Chicago Blackhawks Fans!
The Chicago Blackhawks are home for the remainder of the Stanley Cup playoffs, and if things fall a certain way one thing that is obvious will become a fact in the Western Conference and that’s the fact that the Central Division is the toughest division in the NHL.
Since the NHL has gone to the new format with the division play and wild cards, the Central Division has put 5 team into the Stanley Cup playoffs while the Pacific Division has put the minimum of three teams every year.
The Chicago Blackhawks have won twice in the new format, lost on a fluky overtime Game #7 goal off of Nick Leddy, and this year lost on the road in a 7th game in the opening round to their biggest rival.
The Central is a slugfest each and every year, and that’s without the Colorado Avalanche not being able to find their potential that they had found a couple of seasons ago, and the Minnesota Wild will become a regular season juggernaut most likely with Bruce Boudreau behind the bench so things will not become an easier for the Chicago Blackhawks in years to come.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Here are some Chicago Blackhawks Morning Links to Start Your Wednesday Morning.
The Chicago Blackhawks should find hunger for the 2016-2017 in their anger for not making a deep run in this year’s Stanley Cup playoffs (Daily Herald)
Some more updates from the Chicago Blackhawks players and prospects from the World Championships in Russia (Committed Indians)
Chicago Blackhawks #1 Goalie Corey Crawford continues to ascend in the rankings of the best NHL goalies (Atlantic)
There are a bunch of numbers out there that should give Dallas Stars fans some hope and some that will make them quite jittery (Sportsday)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
What are some quick takeaways from the Nashville Predators Game #6 overtime win (Predlines)
Looking back at the draft lottery, who are the winners and losers (Sporting News)