Good Morning Chicago Blackhawks Fans!
While the Chicago Blackhawks are off golfing or doing whatever they do when they aren’t playing hockey, the Conference Finals are steamrolling to a completion with the Pittsburgh Penguins going all Field of Dreams and forced their Eastern Conference Finals to Go The Distance.
Yes, Field of Dreams was one of my favorite movies when I was growing up, and so if I can squeeze in a clip of the movie during the offseason I say why not. So the Pittsburgh Penguins won last night forcing a Game #7 back in Pittsburgh which has to put a smile on Gary Bettman and the NHL office which has to be dreaming and well needing a Pittsburgh Penguins appearance in the Stanley Cup Finals.
The Western Conference has to be a crap shoot ratings wise in my eyes and either way I just want to see the San Jose Sharks take out the St. Louis Blues tonight. I’m not one of those fans that says I root for the team that beat us to get to the Championship. We are talking about the St. Louis Blues and I can’t stand so I’m rooting for the San Jose Sharks to win tonight and their series not to go the distance.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Here are some Chicago Blackhawks Morning Links to Kick off your Hump Day
Stan Bowman loves his Swedish defenseman, but on Tuesday he signed a Swedish goalie in Lars Johanson and a Swedish forward just for fun (Second City)
A quick look at the Chicago Blackhawks forward prospects which isn’t as deep as it used to be for the Hawks in their system (Committed Indians)
The weakness on the Chicago Blackhawks roster last season was the defense and that is why Stan Bowman is signing defensman prospects (CBS Chicago)
Behind the Beard in the NHL Playoffs, San Jose Sharks defenseman Brent Burns is full of contradictions (NHL)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
Chicago Blackhawks defenseman shotguns beers on stage with Dierks Bentley (Score)
A quick look at 15 legitimate sports dyansty’s that exist right now and which ones are not legitimate (Bleacher Report)
St. Louis Blues forward Vladimir Tarasenko is playing like Rinaldo and that’s not a good thing for the friends of the Arch (Bleedin Blue)
Sidney Crosby sliced and diced for a pretty goal in Game #6 (Puck Daddy)