Good Morning Chicago Blackhawks Fans!
The Chicago Blackhawks aren’t in the Stanley Cup Final, and since the playoff format was changed a few years back the only team from the Central Division to make the Stanley Cup Final has been the Chicago Blackhawks.
Before the reformatting of the playoff structure the Detroit Red Wings made a bunch of Stanley Cup Finals, but even though the Chicago Blackhawks have only won the division in regular season once in the past 5 seasons, none of the other teams in the Central have made the Cup Finals including the recently dismissed St. Louis Blues who lost to the San Jose Sharks.
No matter what happens in the regular season, it seems like it’s the Chicago Blackhawks to the Stanley Cup Finals or bust for the Central Division, which makes you question why is that a fact. Do the Chicago Blackhawks have that much more Championship grit or is just an experience factor by their biggest stars which separates them from the rest of the teams in the Central?
Jonathan Toews may not have had his best statistical season, but one thing that is certain is that he’s the best Captain in the NHL, and come this time next year we will more than likely be cheering another long run by the Hawks if they can straighten out their defense.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Here are some Chicago Blackhawks Morning Links To Kick Off Your Friday Morning
The Chicago Blackhawks website had a really cool Throwback Thursday special this week featuring the Eagle Eddie Belfour (Blackhawks)
Which Current Chicago Blackhawks player jersey number will eventually deserve to be retired to the United Center rafters (Madhouse Enforcer)
A Quick look around the Central Division and every teams free agent needs starting with the Dallas Stars (Committed Indians)
Chicago Blackhawks Captain Jonathan Toews is downsizing and has listed his mansion at 3.9 million dollars (Tribune)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
What are the biggest takeaways from the San Jose Sharks defeat of the St. Louis Blues in the Western Conference Finals (NHL)
One thing that is certain about next season is that the Minnesota Wild’s coaching staff will look totally different next season (Gone Puck Wild)