Good Morning Chicago Blackhawks Fans!
First and foremost I want to say Happy Memorial Day To Everyone that ever served our great country! Yes, this is a Chicago Blackhawks site, and yes we talk about Jonathan Toews and the other Blackhawks as heroes, but when it’s all said and done the true heroes are all the men and women that put their lives on the line and those that have paid the ultimate price to keep our country free.
We wouldn’t be here this morning enjoying a long holiday weekend if it wasn’t for the sacrifice so many have given to our country.
Of course if you don’t know, the Chicago Blackhawks nickname comes from a military background. The original owner of the Chicago Blackhawks Frederic McLaughlin fought in World War I as the commander of the 333rd Machine Gun Artillery of the 86th Infantry Division. This infantry division had the nickname the Black Hawks after the great Indian legend Black Hawk who was famous in Illinois. So when the McLaughlin group won the bid for the franchise, he naturally named it Black Hawks.
Mr. McLaughlin’s wife actually sewed the first Blackhawks logo and the history of this franchise just took off, and so today when you’re grilling those hamburgers and hotdogs just remember those that sacrificed for our freedom.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Here Are Some Chicago Blackhawks Morning Links To Kick Off Your Memorial Day
See what the Chicago Blackhawks had to say about the team signing KHL defenseman Michal Kempny (Blackhawks)
If you are looking for the complete rosters of every team in the World Cup just check our site or this link (CBC)
ICYMI, Which Current Chicago Blackhawks will deserve to have their jersey retired when the hang up the skates for the last time (Madhouse Enforcer)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
During the Stanley Cup media day, Joe Thornton explains the mysteries of his playoff beard (Puck Daddy)