Good Morning Chicago Blackhawks Fans!
Well with the Chicago Blackhawks getting bounced from the Stanley Cup playoffs in the first round this year, the month of May was a huge downer so when the calendar turned early this morning it was a bit of a relief.
The month of June gives us the Stanley Cup Finals, and the NHL Draft and oh by the way possibly the first Chicago Blackhawks player to win the Hart trophy since the 1960’s. So yes, there is plenty of things to look forward to this month unlike that gloomy month of May.
The Stanley Cup Final is really depressing since it really feels like if Stan Bowman could have made one move to help the blue line the Chicago Blackhawks would be playing for a shot at a repeat.
The draft really isn’t very exciting to be honest since Chicago Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman for the 2nd straight year traded away the franchise’s 1st rounder for a player at the trade deadline and unlike last year, this year’s trade didn’t work out.
Now the real thing to look forward is the NHL Awards, and will the voters give Patrick Kane the Hart Trophy for the League MVP, and will Artemi Panarin win the Calder Trophy for Rookie of the Year even if most of the hype is still for Connor McDavid. Either way it will be a fun night to watch the Awards show even if the comedian won’t be funny.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Here are Some Chicago Blackhawks Morning Links To Start Your Wednesday Morning
The question everyone’s asking is will the Chicago Blackhawks early exit give them motivation during the summer for a deep run next spring (Blackhawks)
A look at some Central Division teams free agent plans and today we look south to Nashville’s offseason (Committed Indians)
Remembering the St. Louis Blues season and win over the Chicago Blackhawks in the opening round of the playoffs (The Committed Indian)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
The lessons the San Jose Sharks learned in Game #1 was play with fire and you will get burned (Hockey Writers)
Here are the pro’s and cons of each prospect before this year’s NHL Draft (Bleacher Report)
Just like most other teams, the Dallas Stars need to make some decision on defensive free agents (Blackout Dallas)