Good Morning Chicago Blackhawks Fans!
Something most shoppers get excited about if they are thrifty is the term close out sale even when a business isn’t going out of business. A great close out sale can means some fantastic savings.
As we look at the Chicago Blackhawks the question is can they slap close out sale tag on Bryan Bickell this summer and dump his 4 million plus salary. This is the one close out deal that Chicago Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman needs to get finalized this offseason. With the Chicago Blackhawks always up against the salary cap, they need to find a way to wiggle out of this contract.
The Chicago Blackhawks also have the Andrew Shaw contract hanging over them this summer as well so Stan has some real decisions to make so hopefully the blue light special will attracted some team to take a shot on Bickell for one season so that the Hawks can keep Shaw and other players instead of another salary cap purge.
The other close out that could happen as early as tonight is the Stanley Cup Final. The Pittsburgh Penguins are one win away from hoisting the Stanley Cup, and this would be the first time since 1960 that a Pittsburgh team clinched a team championship in Pittsburgh. I never liked the Penguins after they defeated the Chicago Blackhawks in the Stanley Cup Final in 1992, so this guy will be rooting for the Sharks to win on the road tonight.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Here are some Chicago Blackhawks Morning Links to Kick Off Your Thursday Morning!
Kerry Fraser says that Chicago Blackhawks head coach is a such a solid guy (Blackhawks)
A look around the Central Division free agency targets lands on the Colorado Avalanche (Committed Indians)
It’s hard for those to believe around town, but Chicago doesn’t rank #1 in top NHL cities (Madhouse Enforcer)
The question of the day is just how tight of a spot is Chicago Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman in this summer (Sun-Times)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
Which teams around the NHL could be shedding salaries this summer (Bleacher Report)
Could the St. Louis Blues and Boston Bruins be trading partners this summer (Bleedin Blue)
The NHL is filing suit against the NHLPA (Puck Daddy)