Good Morning Chicago Blackhawks fans!
The Chicago Blackhawks won the 2010 Stanley Cup on yesterday’s date, and man was it fun looking back at what everyone was posting on Twitter and Facebook yesterday about the great night 6 years ago.
Part of me feels like it was just yesterday, but when you stop and think about it, 2010 was a long time ago and yet the memories were pretty fresh.
The run felt like it started the year before when the Chicago Blackhawk shocked most of the NHL by making the Western Conference Finals in 2009, and they went out and followed it up with a run all the way to the Stanley Cup Final and hoisting the Cup after 6 pretty exciting games against the Philadelphia Flyers.
As much as 17 Seconds is tied into the 2013 Stanley Cup Championship, the one goal everyone will always remember where they were when it happened of course was thePatrick Kane
overtime goal that no one saw go in but everyone enjoyed watching over and over on the replay.
Now, the question is will the Chicago Blackhawks be able to get back to the Stanley Cup Final or has their window closed. With Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane on the roster for years to come one would think that the window will never really be closed until the two put up their skates for good, but this is the salary cap era and the Chicago Blackhawks fighting to keep their roster together year in and year out.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Here are some Chicago Blackhawks morning links to start your Friday morning.
Like I said it was great watching the videos of the Chicago Blackhawks ending the 49 year drought all day yesterday (Blackhawks)
The 6 best Chicago Blackhawks moments from the 2010 Stanley Cup Championship run (Madhouse Enforcer)
John Torchetti was named as assistant coach with the Detroit Red Wings which means he really is Mr. Interim Coach (Second City)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
The City of Pittsburgh added another big screen TV to accommodate the huge crowds awaiting a Stanley Cup clinching victory (Pro Hockey Talk)
Except for the fact they need a goalie, the Dallas Stars Cup window has just opened (Blackout Dallas)