Good Morning Chicago Blackhawks fans!
The Chicago Blackhawks and the Rockford Ice Hogs have been affiliated with each other since 2007, and on Thursday the two made it official that they would stay together through the 2021-2022 season.
The Rockford Ice Hogs distance from Chicago and the Blackhawks have made the two a very good partner, and there has been quite a bit of success of players coming through Rockford on there way to Stanley Cup Greatness in Chicago.
There have been 67 players that have played for both franchises, the only bad part of the announcement is the fact that it may be a while until a new player from Rockford that hasn’t played in Chicago yet makes it to the big club. The teams talent pool in Rockford keeps getting thinner and thinner with each passing trade.
The cool stat that is out there about Rockford and Chicago is that 22 players that have been Ice Hogs have gone on to win the Stanley Cup in Chicago. Of course one of them was Bryan Bickell who was traded this week along with Teuvo Teravainen who also played on both teams.
Both players had great times with the Chicago Blackhawks and some not so great, but in the salary cap era, it’s hard to say goodbye to the youth of a Teuvo, the question is will there be regret come a year or two down the line.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Here are some Chicago Blackhawks Morning Links To Kick Off Your Weekend
The Chicago Blackhawks and Rockford Ice Hogs strengthened their ties with a five year agreement on Thursday (Blackhawks)
Who will the Chicago Blackhawks protect in the expansion draft a year from now, one thing for sure is they won’t have to worry about Teuvo (Second City)
Bryan Bickell pens a goodbye message to Chicago Blackhawks fans, one that many may not want to read with the cost of the trade (Madhouse Enforcer)
How excited are you about the Chicago Blackhawks kick starting the building of their practice arena (Commercial Property)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
It’s that time of year to start predicting which lottery teams will become playoff teams this upcoming NHL Season (Bleacher Report)
According to Joe Sakic the Colorado Avalanche will not be active in this year’s free agency period (Denver Post)
Should the Nashville Predators adopt the Pittsburgh Penguins way next season? (Predlines)
Connor McDavid had a historic trip to China and here’s what he had to say about it (Puck Daddy)