Good Morning Chicago Blackhawks fans!
Happy Father’s Day to all the Dads out there that read our blog or who just happened to drop by and look what we had to say this morning. Hope you have a great day with your kids today!
When looking back at my Dad when it comes to the Chicago Blackhawks it’s always with a smile! It’s probably one of the reasons I worked at Southwest Ice Arena through high school as well and thought of it as a pretty cool place to work.
When I was a kid cable was just starting and not everyone had it including our family, also probably one of the main reasons I’m a Cubs fan and not a White Sox fan since the Sox were playing on On TV while you could watch every single Cubs game on WGN.
So, the only way to get in touch with the Blackhawks was listening to the radio every night which meant a whole lot of Pat Foley. Once the playoffs started we were listening to every game waiting for the HE SCORES call followed by the old horn in Chicago Stadium to go off.
When we did get cable and SportsVision, we then could sit and watch all of the road games and man was it exciting that first playoff year when we had cable. I can still remember that first overtime game sitting there watching it with my Dad and when Chris Chelios scored we let out the biggest yell that woke everyone up in the house. Good times indeed! Thanks for being such a great sports fan Dad!
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Here are some Chicago Blackhawks Morning links for the start of your Sunday Morning!
It still hurts that the headline on the main Chicago Blackhawks page about the Bickell/Teuvo trade is just “Picks Acquired” (Blackhawks)
In total middle of the summer news, Houston Texans defensive superstar J.J. Watt grew up rooting for the Chicago Blackhawks and Detroit Red Wings (CSN)
For the Chicago Blackhawks case, Picking Andrew Shaw over Teuvo Teravainen was the right choice in the long run (Daily Herald)
What does the Teuvo trade mean for Andrew Shaw in Chicago (Athletic)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
This really isn’t very shocking, The NHL in Las Vegas will have it’s distractions (CBC)
Is the next Drew Doughty really in this year’s NHL Draft (On The Forecheck)
Pavel Datsyuk announced that he is leaving Detroit for Russia (Puck Daddy)