Good Morning Chicago Blackhawks fans!
The Hall Of Fame is said to be set to announce the next class of Hall of Famers into the Halls sometime today, and with this being a year with no sure fire first ballot Hall of Famers ready to enter, this is believed to be a year where the next level guys have a chance to make it.
Leading that list of next tier guys who could get the call today is Eric Lindros. I had a college buddy that was a huge Flyers fan, and Lindros of course was his favorite player at the time. I had to hear about how he could do it all from scoring to passing to his legendary hitting. Unfortunately for Lindros injuries derailed his career but if you look at his career stats they are pretty good for only having played in 765 games.
The player I want to see get the call though but is still probably unlikely is Steve Larmer. Larmer stats are Hall of Fame worthy plus he won a Calder Trophy and lifted the Stanley Cup in New York at the tale end of his career.
Larmer was a point a game player and also played in 884 consecutive games during his 1,006 games played NHL career. He played on my favorite line ever along side Denis Savard and Al Secord, but he was a sniper who could play with anyone. His number 28 deserves to hang from the rafters of the United Center and he surely deserves a call to joint the greats in the Hall of Fame today.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Here are some Chicago Blackhawks Morning Links to start your work week!
Take a quick look at the 3 players that Stan Bowman selected in the 2nd round of the NHL draft last weekend (Blackhawks)
The one thing that was noticeable about Stan this past week was the fact that he was stockpiling picks for the 2017 draft that will be held in Chicago (Committed Indians)
With there really no place to go for Michael Leighton the reports that the Hawks will not be re-signing him this year makes sense (Second City)
Andrew Shaw tells everyone how much he loved Chicago as he heads to Montreal (CSN)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
All eyes are Steven Stamkos as the NHL free agency period creeps closer and closer (Fox Sports)
Who were the winners and losers of the 2016 NHL draft this past weekend (Puck Daddy)