Good Morning Chicago Blackhawks fans!
The Chicago Blackhawks calendar says free agency period, and according to some source the Hawks will be looking for some cheap bargains. I mean Stan Bowman says that the Chicago Blackhawks are no longer in salary cap.
The thing is the only way I see anyone signing with the Hawks during the free agency period is if someone is taking the minimum just to play with Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane.
The reason I put 105 up as the title today is because that’s how many days we have until the Chicago Blackhawks play their opening night against the St. Louis Blues.
This summer already has seemed to last forever with the Hawks haven’t played a game since the last week of April. Thankfully the Chicago Cubs have played some good baseball if you throw out the last week to keep the summer not too boring, but I’m still ready to watch Blackhawks hockey once again.
The next taste we will have of any hockey will be the Chicago Blackhawks prospect camp which hopefully will spotlight Nick Schmaltz who recently signed. The hope is he’s ready to fill some NHL level skates and not be stuck in Rockford when the season starts. You know me I like prospects and want to see them in Chicago and playing meaningful minutes.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Here are some Chicago Blackhawks Morning Links to Start Your Tuesday Morning
Here is one last look at all of the Chicago Blackhawks that were selected in the 2016 draft (Blackhawks)
Not sure this was much of a surprise or not, but Mark McNeill was tendered a qualifying offer for next season (Second City)
What didn’t look to be very exciting a few weeks ago now has some promise so here is the Chicago Blackhawks prospect camp dates (Committed Indians)
The Chicago Blackhawks will look from without and within to fill the rest of their roster for the 2016-2017 season (Sun-Times)
After the Andrew Shaw trade, the spotlight is really bright on Chicago Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman (Tribune)
See what the report cards look like for all the teams around the NHL (Bleacher Report)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
Big News out of Smashville has Nashville Predators Filip Forsberg signing a 6 year 36 million dollar contract (Predlines)
The message out of Colorado is that the Avalanche is just trying to stay the course (Mile High Sticking)
Eric Lindros is finally a Hall of Famer (Puck Daddy)