Good Morning Chicago Blackhawks Fans!
It’s July 1st and that means it’s time for NHL teams that locked out just a few years back to start throwing insane amounts of dollars at free agents.
At least there were some really big trades and signings before the free agency period started, but as Chicago Blackhawks fans the only question is whether or not Brian Campbell will be returning to the Hawks on a home town discount.
The former Chicago Blackhawks defenseman has been hiding out in Florida since the 2010 Stanley Cup Championship and now all signs point to a return of another Stanley Cup winner to the Chicago Blackhawks roster.
The Kris Versteeg return eventually turned into a Stanley Cup Championship, but the Andrew Ladd return was a bust so it would remain to be seen if Campbell could help return the Hawks defense back to a Cup worthy defense but it sure seems like it would give the Hawks a Top 4 defenders once again which they have been missing since Johnny Oduya left town.
The interesting signing yesterday was the Michal Rozsival deal which sure adds depth but man I thought we were rid of Rozsival 2 years ago and yet he’s never really gone.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Here are some Chicago Blackhawks Morning Links to Start Your Morning!
A look back to when the Chicago Blackhawks signed Marian Hossa when he was a free agent back in 2009 (Blackhawks)
Say it ain’t so, but the Chicago Blackhawks have allegedly reached out to Minnesota Wild free agent Thomas Vanek (Second City)
Here are three positions that the Chicago Blackhawks should be addressing in the next few days at the start of free agency (Madhouse Enforcer)
The Chicago Blackhawks have options in free agency but the price needs to right (CSN)
What are five possible free agents that the Chicago Blackhawks could target on July 1 when free agency opens up (Tribune)
A pretty interesting story of former NHL Stars and their free agency stories of anxiety and suspense before they signed an offer. (SI)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
Andrew Shaw says that him and his agent didn’t ask for 4.5 million from the Chicago Blackhawks prior to his trade to the Montreal Canadiens (Athletic)
What does P.K. Subban mean to the Nashville Predators after the big trade (Predlines)
Can Shea Weber’s John Wayne persona succeed with his new team the Montreal Cana