Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans!
The Chicago Blackhawks made a huge steal yesterday, and hopefully we can look back at it next summer and say, yes this is when things finally turned around for the Hawks in the summer of 2016.
This has been another rough summer for the Hawks and Hawks fans watching fan favorites ushered to the door because of the salary cap.
First it was Teuvo Teravainen getting thrown in with Bryan Bickell so that the Chicago Blackhawks and Stan Bowman could say goodbye to his bad contract even though it only had one year left remaining.
Then, in a battle of dollars, Stan Bowman with his hands tied once again moved Andrew Shaw to Montreal for a couple of picks that may or may not ever pan out.
It all changed yesterday when Brian Campbell signed a one year deal for 2 million dollars giving the Chicago Blackhawks the biggest hometown discount imaginable. Campbell could easily received 5 million dollars or more which is the reported dollars he turned down to stay in Florida with the Panthers.
Chicago is home to the Campbell family and with the Jonathan Toews, Patrick Kane, and Duncan Keith core always in tact, the Hawks will always be in position to make a run at the Stanley Cup which is why Campbell returned.
For once this summer a contract works out for Stan Bowman and the Hawks, and with this move the Hawks are back to having 4 very good defenseman and a defense that is Stanley Cup worthy once again. A very exciting day after another rough summer.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Here are some Chicago Blackhawks morning links to kick off your weekend
Brian Campbell is ecstatic to be back in Chicago playing for the Blackhawks next season (Daily Herald)
Brian Campbell doesn’t care what his role is with the Hawks, he’s just happy to be back (CSN)
Not only did Brian Campbell sign so did Michal Rozsival and Brandon Mashinter to one year deals if you missed it (Blackhawks)
The Chicago Blackhawks also signed some AHL’ers yesterday including Sam Carrick who is supposed to be an Andrew Shaw clone (Second City)
The real weird move of the day was the fact that the Chicago Blackhawks put David Rundblad on buyout waivers (CSN)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
The Buffalo Sabres GM and front offices patience is growing thin with Evander Kane’s continues issues with the law (Pro Hockey Talk)
Can Dan Hamhuis help stabilize the Dallas Stars defense (Puck Daddy)