Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans!
Happy Birthday USA! Another 4th of July is here and another candle on the Birthday cake for the United States of America. It’s a great day of barbecue, family, and fireworks and well if you work in retail like me it’s a busy day of work before the fun festivities.
The best part of the Chicago Blackhawks history is how it’s based on USA history and how the original owner Fredric McLaughlin fought for our country in World War I and the Chicago Blackhawks name came from his infantry. If you like history like I do, this is a really cool story about our favorite teams heritage.
Now it’s the 4th of July and with it also brings us to 100 days until opening night at the United Center with the St. Louis Blues in town. Man this is a great day.
One thing the Chicago Blackhawks do need to figure out is how they are going to score goals outside of the Jonathan Toews and the 2nd line. I guess it’s time for some of the youth that we have been excited about for years to finally take a giant step forward next season and help balance out the Chicago Blackhawks offense.
It’s something I’m sure we are going to be talking about the rest of the summer. Here’s to only 100 days left and to a fun and safe 4th of July!
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Here are some morning links to kick off your Independence Day!
Here is a quick look at the Chicago Blackhawks current roster and how they made it to Chicago (Blackhawks)
According to recent reports, if Gustav Forsling doesn’t make the Chicago Blackhawks roster he will head back to Sweden to play the 2016-2017 season (Second City)
Looking ahead to the rest of the summer and next season, here is the current Chicago Blackhawks salary cap situation (Committed Indians)
The Chicago Blackhawks agreed to terms with Spencer Abbott but he will most likely be playing in Rockford (Blackhawks)
The Chicago Blackhawks still have options but they will have to be at the right price (CSN)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
- Blackhawks: List Of Things To Be Thankful For This Thanksgiving
A quick look around the NHL and what are the best free agents left to sign after the exciting first few days of free agency (Bleacher Report)
A look back at the St. Louis Blues best drafts which of course will not include the 2006 NHL draft (Bleedin Blue)
Who were the winners and losers from the big trades this week (Sporting News)