Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans!
The summer is about to hit the real button real fast with today being the final day of the Chicago Blackhawks prospect camp. The prospect camp is almost smack dab in the middle of the Chicago Blackhawks offseason. The Hawks haven’t played a game since April 25th and their next game that means anything is October 12.
I must say every summer seems to be long and boring, but with this being the first year since the lockout that the Hawks didn’t make a long run in the playoffs, this summer has been dreadful, so getting to see the prospects on the ice this week has at least been a bright spot in the middle of the longest summer ever.
After tomorrow the Chicago Blackhawks have their convention and then it will be nothing new as hockey really goes on vacation so enjoy the last day of camp and the final scrimmage.
One thing to be excited about today’s final scrimmage is we should finally get to see some of the Hawks best prospects who have only been practicing for most of prospect camp. I know I’ve been saying this all week but I want to see as much of Nick Schmaltz as possible to see if he’s ready for Chicago when the Hawks break camp for the regular season opener in October.
There are a lot of things to look forward to, but I’m ready for summer to be over with!
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Here are some Chicago Blackhawks morning links to kick off your Friday morning!
The prospect camp will be wrapping up while the Chicago Blackhawks annual convention is about to kick off for 2016 (Blackhawks)
One of the breakout stars of the Chicago Blackhawks prospect camp Alexandre Fortin wants to sign with the team and he’s eligible to (Second City)
24 players have answered the call at the Chicago Blackhawks prospect camp this year (CSN)
Nick Schmaltz has been who’s intrigued me the most, but Tyler Motte is ready to make the Hawks out of college as well (Daily Herald)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
Are all the kids Ok? It’s about that time that the Chicago Blackhawks need to find out for sure (Sun-Times)
What’s in a name? The Las Vegas team having a hard time trademarking a nickname (Denver Post)
Will the New York Rangers do anything this summer (Puck Daddy)