Good Morning Chicago Blackhawks fans!
The Chicago Blackhawks ended their prospect camp on Friday and we heard from Stan Bowman and others about what they saw for the past week. The names that impressed the Chicago Blackhawks General Manager really isn’t much of a surprise.
Bowman said he really liked Vincent Hinostroza, Tanner Kero, and Ryan Hartman which for one isn’t really a big surprise since they are the top prospects in the system and the fact that they also spent time with the Hawks last year in Chicago.
I would expect all three of these to have every opportunity to make the roster when training camp kicks off in September. Bowman also said he liked Tyler Motte and Nick Schmaltz games which speaks volumes for their chances to make the team also.
The one thing that amused me was some of the quotes that Joel Quenneville had to say about coaching young players.
The biggest complaint about Joel Quenneville has always been the way he plays the youngsters and every year the assumption is that he will have to deal with young players. Well, this year with the roster the way it’s constructed it seems like this will be the year there will be a whole lot of youth on the team blended with the core.
The Chicago Blackhawks season may live or die on how well the youngsters play this coming season, and how Coach Q deals with that youth while pushing all the right buttons.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Here are some Chicago Blackhawks morning links to kick off your Weekend.
Check out the opening video of the 2016 Chicago Blackhawks Convention which was a pretty fun year until Game #7 in St. Louis (Blackhawks)
The only Chicago Blackhawk restricted free agent Mark Mcneill signed a one year deal on Friday (Second City)
Check out some of the great images of the opening day of the Chicago Blackhawks convention (Daily Herald)
The future is looking bright for the Chicago Blackhawks goalie prospect Wouter Peeters (Tribune)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
What players are on the NHL Bargain Bin All-Star Free Agent Team (Bleacher Report)
The Dallas Stars have the best secret weapon in Antoine Roussel (Blackout Dallas)
Jaden Schwartz inked a new deal with the St. Louis Blues (Puck Daddy)