Joel Quenneville grabs his junk
More from Editorials
- Blackhawks: List Of Things To Be Thankful For This Thanksgiving
- Blackhawks: Changes to the coaching staff are a step in the right direction
- Chicago Blackhawks: Reasons for optimism and cause for concern
- Blackhawks: Kick off four game road trip against Kraken
- Recapping the Jeremy Colliton era with the Chicago Blackhawks
This is a Chicago Blackhawks blog, after all, so why not start here? Unlike Duncan Keith‘s stick whack on Charlie Coyle or Andrew Shaw‘s slur in last season’s playoffs, this moment of unbridled rage was relatively harmless — though Coach Q didn’t escape unscathed.
In Game 1 of a 2014 postseason series between the Blackhawks and St. Louis Blues, it appeared the Blues might’ve shot the puck out of play in their own zone for a delay of game. The referees didn’t see it that way, however, which led to Quenneville demonstratively pointing “out” on top of the bench.
And then he grabbed his junk. It was a momentary thing, but it’s going to stick with Q as long as he’s in Chicago, and probably beyond. It’s probably not the angriest we’ve seen Q, but it was certainly the most bizarre thing he’s done while angry. It also cost him $25,000. Good times.
Next: Friendly Fire