Keith Ballard nearly decapitates his goalie
More from Editorials
- Blackhawks: List Of Things To Be Thankful For This Thanksgiving
- Blackhawks: Changes to the coaching staff are a step in the right direction
- Chicago Blackhawks: Reasons for optimism and cause for concern
- Blackhawks: Kick off four game road trip against Kraken
- Recapping the Jeremy Colliton era with the Chicago Blackhawks
Sorry we have to quickly go to less happy things, but most anger-related moments in sports aren’t as funny as Q grabbing his junk or Sale chopping up clothes.
This is a really strange incident, mostly because of Ballard’s reaction to it. Basically, Atlanta managed to score a sloppy goal against a relatively helpless Tomas Vokoun in net. The defenseman Ballard, more than likely frustrated with his own play, swung his stick violently in the direction of the net in response to this goal.
I’m not sure what Ballard was hoping to do (best-case scenario, he hits the net itself), but he wound up smacking his own goaltender very, very hard in the head. And then … he just skated away.
It’s a really weird moment, but Ballard was extremely remorseful for it afterward. Vokoun, meanwhile, was carted off the ice. Not such good times.
Next: Two Terrible Moments